Director of Business Development Packaging
Location : Fall River, MA
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Director of Business Development is integral to the ownership and development of new business opportunities, new product introductions and company growth. This requires someone who has a strategic mind – someone to think out-of-the-box and to create a thorough plan to target organizations for whom our client is looking to provide solutions and services. In this role, the Director of Business Development will be accountable for identifying new growth opportunities/partnerships, creating and building new relationships/rapport with client contacts, negotiating and closing new business deals, while keeping current on market trends and competition. In addition, this person will need to work with the leadership team to help with the creation of specialty products, custom products, and made-to-order products for existing or new clients. As such, this person will be responsible for all go-to-market strategies based on current trends in the industry.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of aerosol and pump spray products with expertise in product development/formulation, compounding, filling and packaging solutions. The Company is known for its unique expertise in custom aerosol and pump spray products (8 oz. or less, including travel/sample sizes), coupled with a reputation for relentless attention to quality and customer support. Our client’s products include room sprays, fragrance oils, aerosol foams, makeup mousse foundations, deodorants, body sprays, perfumes/colognes, fine fragrances and other solutions used in personal care, health & beauty, OTC and household markets. The Company offers everything from contract filling/packaging to full turnkey services, including initial laboratory formulation and material sourcing, through production, filling, quality check, packaging and delivery.
Further accountabilities include:
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors and leveraging industry expertise, relationships, and portfolio knowledge, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn opportunity into increased business by identifying the decision makers within the client organization.
- Plan approaches and strategies that will convince potential customers to do business with our client.
- Develop proposals that equate to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in value-based pricing of the solutions/services.
- Using a consultative sales approach, overcome objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Understand key players, applications, requirements, trends, and needs within targeted industries and become a product, service and industry expert to leverage company’s capabilities and successful partnerships.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Work with leadership and technical staff to strategize and meet customer needs.
- Present new products and services to enhance existing client relationships.
- Provide ongoing gap and competitive analysis to identify new growth area opportunities.
- ➢ Develop written account plans including metrics to define annualized sales potential at each account.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should possess an entrepreneurial spirit with willingness to and passion for making a difference in the world. We seek motivated, enthusiastic, direct, honest, logical thinkers with abundant energy and desire for excellence and success.
Specifically, the individual has the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technical or related field is required.
- 7+ years of B2B sales experience, preferably for a specialty products/services supplier.
- Strong track record in growing businesses, including a proven track record of selling value and developing relationships with key decision makers and influencers in customer organizations.
- Strong strategic account plan development, optimizing the sales funnel, articulating value propositions and creating metrics to demonstrate value.
- Position requires 60% domestic travel and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience in the personal care, cosmetics, private label and/or contract manufacturing industry a plus.