Program Manager Clean Air Tech
Clean Air Technology Organization
Location : Needham, MA
Our client is excited about adding a Program Manager to their team. The qualified candidate will assist in translating business strategy into products and processes in conjunction with manufacturing supplier(s). This person will be required to work independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity with minimal supervision. He or she will provide comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Initially this role will require greater 50% travel and will decrease to approximately 25%. The Program Manager will work closely with and report to the COO.
Our Client is an International start-up company that was founded by a group of experienced entrepreneurs driven by a common passion for more effectual energy use and protection of our health, environment and resources. We have developed revolutionary energy savings technology and are committed to improving energy efficiency and air quality across the globe in existing buildings as well as in new construction.
We recognized the inefficient, outdated and costly ventilation practices adopted in most buildings today and developed an alternative approach based on:
1. Selectively removing unwanted contaminants from inside air
2. Reducing the amount of outside air brought into a building
3. Applying a combination of advanced technologies for a highly integrated, automated, compact and practical solution that easily integrates into existing buildings and infrastructure
Further accountabilities include:
- Manager/Liaison to 3rd party manufacturing companies.
- Manages a manufacturing relationship (e.g., new product introduction, continuing product manufacturing, transferring business to another manufacturer, materials management, etc.) through direct interaction with engineering and business.
- Trains, gathers and exchanges information between engineering, R&D, and manufacturing.
- Prepares materials for Request for Proposal (RFP) on new products.
- Continuously negotiates costs on suppliers by various methods.
- Contributes to the forecast of the company.
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage components inventory
- Provide extensive contact with internal and external people is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should possess an entrepreneurial spirit with willingness to and passion for making a difference in the world. We seek motivated, enthusiastic, direct, honest, logical thinkers with abundant energy and desire for excellence and success.
Specifically, the individual has the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Engineering, Finance/Accounting, or Business Management necessary.
- Minimum of five (5) years work-related experience required, in the Manufacturing Operations fields. Experience in the HVAC manufacturing field is preferred.
- Solid project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required